September 28, 2023
3 hours and 20 minutes
- 2kg lamb shoulder
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 bunch lemon myrtle
- 1\/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1\/4 cup brown sugar or honey
- 250g chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- apple cider vinegar vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350F).\r
- Season lamb well with salt and pepper then in a pan or BBQ grill lamb until caramelised (10 minutes).
- Mix malt vinegar and sugar well in a bowl until combined then set aside.
- Pull out enough foil to wrap your lamb in and lay it flat on the bench. Place a layer of sliced onions, half the garlic and half the herbs in the center of the foil then top with grilled lamb lamb.
- Cover the top of the lamb with the remaining herbs, add malt vinegar mix and stock then close your parcel and place it on a baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 2.5-3 hours until tender and falling off the bone.
- While lambs cooking make a quick salad.
- Mix yogurt with some mint, lemon and fennel tips.
- Serve with some flat bread.