September 28, 2023
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock, bone broth, chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1\/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 40g butter
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 100g dried mushrooms
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan over high heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and pour over your dried mushrooms to rehydrate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until tender. Now add your mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes on high heat until tender and cooked.
- Stir in and crack the rice until well coated, toasting for another 10 minutes until hot and fragrant.
- Once your rice is cracked, stir in mushroom stock. Add 1 ladleful of stock mixture and gently stir until the stock is absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock mixture until the rice is tender with just a slight bite.
- Take your risotto off the stove, stir in butter, parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates and serve with extra cheese and mushrooms.