- 6 slices, halved diagonally Bread or Brioche
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Mixed berries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Taylors Estate Merlot or Promised Land Cabernet Merlot
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 ½ tablespoons Honey
- To make the red wine berries, place the sugar and wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and add the berries. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a further 5-8 minutes until tender.
- For the mascarpone cream, whip the cream in an electric mixer in a cold bowl until thick. Add the mascarpone cheese and mix again until thickened. Then add honey and mix again.
- For the french toast whisk together eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp sugar and a punch of salt in a large baking dish. Place bread in in dish, stand for 1 minute and press to help absorb mixture, then turn over and repeat. Next melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan and cook half the break until golden for 3 minutes per side. Remove and transfer to a plate before cooking the rest of the bread.
- Serve topped with the berries and mascarpone cream.