Grilled Figs with Fresh Plum & Lemon Thyme
- 4 Figs, halved lengthways
- 2 Plums, stone removed and sliced into 1/8ths
- 50g Chèvre
- 1 cup Tri-colour quinoa
- 1/4 Bunch of lemon thyme, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 300g Fresh rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup White vinegar
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 75g Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Rinse your quinoa under cold water. Transfer to a saucepan and add 2 cups of water and large pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes until cooked. Remove from the heat and rinse again under cold water to cool then set aside.
- To make the lemon thyme, in a bowl add the butter and half of the picked lemon thyme leaves, a pinch of salt and pepper and combine using a fork until combined. Set aside and allow to soften.
- To make the lemon thyme vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the remaining lemon thyme leaves and whisk. Set aside and allow the vinaigrette to infuse.
- Heat the BBQ to medium high, brush the cut side of the figs with the lemon thyme butter and grill face side down for about 1 minute until you get a little char on the bar marks. Baste the top of the figs with the butter during the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, toss the rocket leaves together with the quinoa and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dress the leaves with some of the lemon thyme infused vinaigrette and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer the dressed leaves to a serving plate, place on the grilled figs and garnish with the fresh plums, pieces of the Chèvre and finish with another drizzle of the vinaigrette.