Lamb Rump with Pomegranate, Zucchini, and Mint
- 4 Lamb rump steaks
- 75ml Pomegranate molasses
- 75ml Olive oil
- 2 Zucchinis, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 cup Broad beans, shelled
- 1 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 2 tsp Dried mint (use fresh if you prefer)
- 1 Lemon juice
- Fresh pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add in the lamb steaks and using your hand toss the meat to coat evenly with the marinade. Cover the bowl and allow to marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl mix the dried mint with the Greek yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with a touch of salt.
- In a bowl, cover the peas and broad beans with boiling water for 1 minute. Strain the beans and peas then run under cold water to cool. Put the peas and beans back into the bowl and add the zucchini ribbons. Gradually add the mint yoghurt mixture until the salad is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Heat the BBQ to a medium high heat and cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side (for rare). Allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve the steaks on a large sharing platter with the zucchini, peas and beans and garnish with the fresh pomegranate seeds.