Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
6 - 10 Serves
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
- 120g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 punnet mixed berries
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 cups cream for whipping
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease an 3L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Sift the flour, 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa into a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and egg. Add hazelnuts, Gradually pour into the well, then fold to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared dish.
- Combine remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa and sprinkle over the top of the pudding. Carefully pour 2 cup boiling water over the top of the pudding. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is firm. Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Dust the warm pudding with extra cocoa and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.