- 1 Packet thin spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tub of Tomato puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 Handful of roughly chopped basil leaves
- Shaved aged Parmesan to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic into a large bowl and add the Kangaroo mince. Season well with salt and pepper and crack in one large egg into the bowl and mix together well. Then individually roll into small balls, just a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil and drop each meatball into the pan. You may have to do these in two separate stages. Also make sure the pan is hot and you have enough oil to seal the meatballs, wait a few minutes and then turn.
- Meanwhile boil a large pan of salted boiling water and add in the spaghetti, cook until aldente. Drain the pasta and set aside, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the meatballs are cooked though and the juice runs clear from the centre when pierced pour over the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, add in some chopped basil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Plate up your dishes with a bed of the spaghetti and spoon over the meatballs and some of the sauce. Shave some aged parmesan over and a sprig of basil, some cracked pepper and serve.