- 250 grams Sugar
- 250mL Water
- 750mL Taylors Estate Riesling
- 40mL Fresh lemon juice, strained
- To make the sugar syrup, place the sugar in a stainless steel saucepan, add the water and place over a high heat.
- Whisk the ingredients to help dissolve the sugar and bring to the boil. Once the syrup has boiled, remove it from the heat and cool.
- To make the sorbet, place 500ml of the sugar syrup in a bowl, add the wine and lemon juice and whisk gently to blend together.
- Churn in a blender at the lowest speed until light and airy. Remove from the machine and place in a cold stainless steel container and store in a freezer until needed.
- Notes: Place the stainless steel container in the freezer at least 24hrs prior to making the sorbet. It is best to consume the sorbet within 6 hours, however, you can keep the sorbet in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week.